Chicken Potato Soup
An easy and delicious Chicken Potato Soup made with cream cheese, carrots, onion and celery. A comfort soup the entire family will enjoy.
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, shredded
- 1½ sticks celery chopped
- 3 carrots medium, chopped
- 4 russet potatoes medium, cubed
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chicken bullion powder
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning optional
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, room temperature
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
Add carrots, onion, celery, seasonings, bay leaf, and potatoes to 4 cups water in a large pot over medium high heat. Cook for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Add pre-cooked shredded chicken breast, stir, then add in softened cream cheese. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Reduce heat to a simmer until ready to serve.
- store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- freezing is not recommended for this soup since it contains dairy.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 793mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4328IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg