Cranberry brie bites the perfect holiday appetizer! Creamy, sweet brie and tangy cranberry sauce top a pillowy crescent dough pie for a mouthwatering treat. Air fryer brie bites are really easy to prepare and taste just as good as they look.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Bursting at the seams with brie, this easy holiday air fryer appetizer is an amazing blend of flavors. A cube with creamy, melty brie stuffed inside each mouthful of pastry and cranberry is simply delicious.
This is a quick and simple starter or dessert for around the holidays. These bite-sized treats just require a few simple ingredients and can be assembled in about 30 minutes.
Ingredients for brie bites
- refrigerated crescent dough
- cranberry sauce (whole berry)
- orange marmalade
- pistachios (de-shelled), chopped
- All-purpose flour (for dusting the crescent dough)
You may use any fruit jelly for the cranberry sauce if you like.
Nut free? Leave out the nuts or swap pistachios for pecans.
Equipment needed: air fryer (note: air frying times vary by manufacturer)
You may either buy pre-made cranberry sauce or make your own with a few simple ingredients. Whatever the case, this recipe is excellent!
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and unroll the crescent dough pinching the seams together. Using a knife (or a pizza cutter), cut the dough into about 18 squares.
- Cut the brie into small pieces and place a piece in the middle of each square of dough.
- Combine the cranberry sauce and orange marmalade in a small bowl. Drop a spoonful on top of the pieces of brie.
- Sprinkle a couple of pistachios on top and gently pinch the crescent dough closed around the fillings. Spray the basket of the air fryer and place bites inside, leaving room around each one, and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with additional cranberry mixture and chopped pistachios, if desired
EXPERT TIPS FOR PERFECT BRIE BITES
- pre-heat the air fryer while making the brie bites.
- make sure you use butter or nonstick spray to oil your muffin pan for easy bite removal!
- Before adding the brie to the pastry, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cutting brie into even cubes is considerably simpler with slightly frozen cheese.
Air fryer cooking times vary by manufacturer. I recommend checking on the pastries a few minutes before time is up to prevent burning. They’re done when the croissant dough’s edges are golden brown and the cheese in the center has melted.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE IN ADVANCE?
Yes, without a doubt! Because they can be made ahead of time, you’re good to go about doing other things.
Simply put the Brie Bites together in the muffin tin and store them in the refrigerator for up to three days before baking.
Cook the Brie Bites according to the recipe directions, and then let them cool fully on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers for up to three days in an airtight container.
Place the bits in the freezer until firm, spreading them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. After that, you may keep the frozen bits for up to two months by layering them in an airtight freezer-safe zipper bag.
Thaw overnight or for at least 8 hours, then reheat at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes in the air fryer or 10 minutes in the oven.
These tiny pastry bites are a great way to spice up your appetizer spread or charcuterie board.
JELLY: Add fresh herbs and nuts on the top or use other jams, such as fig / berry jam, or pepper jelly, to flavor the dish. Have fun and be creative! You may enjoy these bites with fig jelly and drizzle with sweet honey instead of cranberry.
Can I substitute the crescent sheet?
If you wish to use puff pastry instead of crescent dough, it would be the finest option.
Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites
- Air fryer
- 8 oz refrigerated crescent dough
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup orange marmelade
- ½ cup pistachios de-shelled, optional
- all-purpose flour for dusting the crescent dough
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and unroll the crescent dough pinching the seams together.
- Using a knife (or a pizza cutter), cut the dough into about 18 squares.
- Cut the brie into small pieces (I find it easier to cut if I pop the brie into the freezer for a few minutes beforehand).
- Place a piece of brie in the middle of each square of dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and orange marmalade.
- Drop a spoonful of the cranberry mix on top of the pieces of brie.
- Sprinkle a couple of pistachios on top and gently pinch the crescent dough closed around the fillings.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer and place bites inside, leaving room around each one, and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with additional cranberry mixture and chopped pistachios, if desired.
Leave a Reply