This Cajun Chicken Pasta Chilis Copycat recipe is just as creamy and amazing as the restaurant version. Parmesan-crusted chicken breasts on a bed of creamy cajun pasta and a buttery sauce with bell peppers and mushrooms.
tastes just like Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta
- easy to make comfort food
- large enough to feed an entire family, and who doesn’t love chicken?
- simple chicken pasta recipe with cajun sauce
- flavorful and creamy without being spicy
- …and it tastes just like Chilis recipe for cajun chicken pasta!
You’ll use simple ingredients for this copycat recipe. I chose to use bowtie pasta, but you may use whatever pasta you have on hand.
Before you begin, cook pasta according to directions while preparing chicken and veggies.
- You may wish to cut the chicken into bite size pieces before adding to the pasta.
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it will get mushy and will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Thermometer should read 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- This dish isn’t spicy. If you want it spicier, add extra Cajun seasoning.
- save time and make chicken in the air fryer while you’re prepping other ingredients
- red, yellow, and green bell peppers– poblanos or jalapeño (spicy) will work
- mushrooms– omit if you’re not a fan
- chicken– steak will work just as well for this recipe
- parmesan– Pecorino Romano may be used to substitute
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- pasta may be frozen and thawed overnight in the fridge, then reheated.
what to serve with chicken pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta- Chilis Copycat
- In three shallow dishes, add the flour and cajun seasoning to one bowl, the eggs in another and the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in the third.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg, then in the bread crumbs, making sure to press into the bread crumbs to coat well.
- Cook the chicken in batches, turning the chicken on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Use a thermometer to check for doneness.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse to stop cooking.
- Clean the pan from the chicken and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add the peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the pan, then whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute then whisk in the Cajun seasoning, salt and chicken broth. Whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the cream and add the cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
how to assemble
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the pasta with parsley and sliced green onions. Add a piece of chicken on top of the pasta.
- Serve with your favorite salad and garlic toast.
more comforting pasta recipes…
Creamy Baked Chicken Spaghetti
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole