These scrumptious golden Oreo pumpkin blondies can be served after dinner or as a holiday treat. We like to take them to Halloween and Thanksgiving parties.
Ingredients for pumpkin Oreo blondies
To make these simple blondies, you’ll need:
- Golden Oreos
- white chocolate baking chips (optional)
- Pumpkin purée
- Unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
How to make Oreo blondies
This recipe is quite simple, and can be made in just a few easy steps:
- Whisk together all ingredients, minus the Oreos, chocolate chips and pumpkin
- add in Oreos, gently mix, then pour batter into a pan
- top with more Oreos and tiny bit of pumpkin purée, spread, then bake
If you’re not using golden Oreos, try other cookies, such as white chocolate chip / macadamia nut or chocolate Oreos
Grab other add-ins, like nuts, or top with a few sprinkles before baking.
Try with fruit instead of pumpkin, like our blueberry Oreo blondies.
What to serve with golden Oreo pumpkin blondies
I recommend serving blondies warm with a tall glass of milk, chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
You may also drizzle some caramel on top of your blondies.
Can I freeze blondies?
Yes, I have frozen these ahead of time. Be sure to use a zippered, freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then reheat in the microwave.
Why are my blondies hard?
Try cooking when they are just set, or at a lower temperature.
How do I get blondies to stay soft?
The trick to getting gooey blondies is to cook right up until they’re almost set in the center. You’ll know when the edges begin to brown that it’s time to remove from the oven.
Golden Oreo Pumpkin Blondies
- 9×13 baking dish, or large baking dish
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups crushed Golden Oreos
- ½ cup white chocolate chips chopped
- 2 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp pumpkin purée divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking pan (9×13 recommended) with 2 sheets of parchment paper (use clothespins to secure and remove after pouring).
- Whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Add the flour and salt, and whisk to combine. Stir in 1 cup of crushed Oreos and the white chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and add the pumpkin purée to the top by spreading out with a butter knife.
- Sprinkle the remaining Oreo bits to top. Bake until the blondies puff up and are light golden along the outside, about 22-25 minutes, being careful not to over-bake.
- Let the blondies cool completely in the pan before removing and cutting.
- Store leftover blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.