I make this Instant Pot apple bread pudding for special occasions and holidays. It’s an easy, yet decadent dessert inspired by the NOLA favorite and Thanksgiving.
Simple apple desserts are one of my favorite things for autumn holidays. Plus, it doesn’t get much easier than Instant Pot desserts.
Bread pudding in the instant pot?
Yes, you can make bread pudding in the instant pot and it’s so easy.
Who’s busy during the holiday season?
I sure am, and I love a good pressure-cooked dessert to save me time. Making this simple bread pudding is like having my own personal dessert chef.
Ingredients for apple bread pudding
For this recipe, you’ll need a 6’’x3’’ round aluminum cake pan for the Instant Pot. You may also use a different pan, as this pudding will not expand when cooked.
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- Heavy cream
- Baguette bread sliced into cubes
- Apple pie filling (canned or homemade)
How to make apple bread pudding
This bread pudding is so easy; no baking required!
- Chop a day-old baguette into cubes, about 1-inch thick
- whisk all other ingredients, then pour over bread in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes
- add ingredients to a pan and place pan in Instant Pot with trivet + water
- cook at high pressure for 40 minutes
Substitutions and serving suggestions
Instead of apple pie filling, try peach or 1/2 cup pumpkin pie filling.
You can drizzle caramel, frosting, butterscotch, or other favorites on top!
Serve with cold milk, vanilla ice cream, or salted caramel ice cream
Apple bread pudding is best stored in the fridge for up to a week in an air-tight container.
Can I freeze bread pudding?
Yes, and this recipe freezes quite well. Simply thaw out overnight in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
How do I make bread pudding with alcohol?
Add 1/4 cup of rum (or to taste) to the batter prior to pressure cooking.
Alternatively, you may make a rum-brown sugar glaze to pour over the top of the bread pudding. Bring your mixture to a boil and drizzle on top!
Tips for the perfect instant pot apple bread pudding
To prevent sticking: spray the inside of your aluminum pan before adding batter
If your bread pudding falls apart: It’s ok if it falls apart! It’s supposed to be that way.
However, if you are concerned, I recommend pressing bread into the pan to help the ingredients to stick before cooking.
Instant Pot Apple Bread Pudding
- instant pot / pressure cooker
- 6''x3'' aluminum pan
- 1 can apple pie filling
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups baguette bread sliced into cubes
- Spray 6×3 inch aluminum pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Add 1½ cup water to inside of Instant Pot.
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread), then pour over bread. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add batter to aluminum pan. Press and smooth out. Secure aluminum foil on top of pan.
- Place pan onto trivet in Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve with cream cheese icing, ice cream, candied nuts and/or craisins.
Leave a Reply