Cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling combine to make this amazingly simple cinnamon roll apple cobbler. This breakfast-dessert dish has only 2 ingredients and it’s perfect for lazy mornings.
Who doesn’t love a good cobbler for dessert? You can enjoy it hot out of the oven or cold from the fridge. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, dessert…or anytime! It’s so easy to make that you’ll be whipping this up regularly.
This delicious recipe calls for only two ingredients.
- apple pie filling
- canister of cinnamon rolls (with icing/frosting)
This recipe is easy to make and it’s absolutely devoured whenever I make it. Serve for breakfast or dessert. It’s so easy, customizable and versatile!
- Pre-heat oven.
- Dice the cinnamon rolls into fours.
- Grease pan or add parchment paper.
- Add the apple pie filling and bake.
- Remove and top with included frosting.
Substitute the apple pie filling for any other fruit filling of your choice. I recommend the following fruit pie fillings:
- cherry pie filling
Can I make this in the air fryer?
If making in the air fryer, add to an aluminum or glass pan and cover with aluminum foil set atop a trivet stand. Be sure to add 1/2 cup water to the bottom and pressure cook for 25 minutes and natural release for 10 minutes.
How to freeze cinnamon rolls after cooking
Freeze individually, then quickly store in a zippered bag as individually frozen rolls (without frosting).
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator when ready to use. Reheat in the microwave or oven dish at 350°F for 7-10 minutes, then add frosting.
Serve this simple cobbler with
- ice cream
- a tall glass of milk
- caramel drizzle
- candied nuts/pecans
Tips for making this cinnamon apple cobbler perfectly, every time!
- Allow for 20 minutes cooling time before adding frosting. This prevents it from completely melting.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days (or freeze).
2- Ingredient Apple Cobbler
- 1 pkg cinnamon rolls
- 15 oz can apple pie filling
- Line non-stick baking pan with parchment paper or use non-stick spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up the cinnamon rolls into fours.
- Place the chopped cinnamon rolls.
- Add the apple pie filling to the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and smother with the frosting that was included with the cinnamon rolls.