The perfect autumn breakfast isn’t complete without these easy air fryer pumpkin spice French toast sticks. They’re easy to make and whip up in less than 15 minutes!
Ingredients for pumpkin French toast
- French Bread
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Purée
- Unsalted Butter (Melted)
How to make pumpkin pie French toast
Slice the bread into sticks and preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl combine the dairy and pumpkin spices.
Dip each stick of bread into the egg mixture, completely coating it. Place each stick in to the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 5 minutes, flip, then air fry another 5 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer. Dust with more cinnamon sugar if you’d like and serve with maple syrup!
Substitute pumpkin purée for apple butter for apple-inspired french toast sticks.
Substitute cow’s milk for almond milk, soy, or oat milk.
I used the soft French bread from the grocery store, but you can also use Italian bread, or anything that is large and soft.
Challah or Brioche work great as well. I used the whole loaf and made them in batches of 8 each.
Can I freeze pumpkin French toast sticks?
You can freeze some of the French toast sticks for a quick and easy breakfast later. Allow them to cool and then place them in plastic wrap or an airtight bag before freezing. When reheating – place them in the air fryer, oven, or microwave until heated throughout!
Tips for the perfect French toast
These sticks are perfect just sprinkled with more cinnamon sugar (aka churro style), dusted with powdered sugar, or drizzled with maple syrup!
Because air fryers can vary in cooking time be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t overcook!
Sticks should be a nice golden brown but, not overdone.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast (Air Fryer)
- Air fryer
- 1 loaf French bread or other soft bread
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Slice the bread into sticks that are about 2 inches wide and about five inches long.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and the milk. Add the cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin purée. Mix well with a whisk.
- Dip each stick of bread into the egg mixture, completely coating it. Place each stick in to the air fryer basket.
- Place the basket in the air fryer, secure lid and air fry for about 5 minutes. After that, flip the sticks over and drizzle them with the melted butter. Air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sticks should be a nice golden brown but, not overdone.
- Remove from the air fryer. Dust with more cinnamon sugar if you’d like and serve with maple syrup!