Fluffy orange poke cake with Jello pockets all the way through, topped with a bit of whipped cream! This light and scrumptious orange Jello poke cake recipe is a party pleaser.
This orange, Halloween poke cake is the perfect fruity dessert with minimum stress.
Imagine the creamy cool whip combining with the vibrant orange flavors for sheer perfection. It’s like you’re in creamsicle heaven with this cake!
- White Cake Mix, plus ingredients listed on the box (eggs, oil, water)
- orange Jello
- boiling water
- room temperature water
- Cool Whip, thawed
- orange gel food coloring
- Halloween sprinkles
How to make poke cake
This Halloween-inspired cake is easy to make.
1. Preheat and prep pan.
2. Combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix thoroughly in a bowl.
3. Bake according to cake instructions and let cool for at least 10 minutes or until room temperature.
4. Poke holes all over the cake.
5. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and pour over the cake.
6. Chill cake in fridge, then later top with Cool Whip frosting (tinted with food coloring).
Can I use other flavors of Jello for this recipe? Absolutely, mix/match or use your own fun colors!
Instead of black sprinkles try purple, green and silver!
Instead of whipped topping, serve with frosting of your choice.
Tips for a quick poke cake
Instead of refrigerating to set the Jello, you may freeze for 30-50 minutes.
Storing poke cake leftovers
Store your cake leftovers in the refrigerator (since the Jello must stay chilled).
Freezing leftover poke cake
Wrap your cake with foil or store in an air-tight bag and then wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
How to make it perfectly every time
Give the Jello time to set up in the refrigerator. This may take 3-4 hours on average. This gives the cake time to soak up all the Jello goodness!
Orange Poke Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Poke holes all over the cake using a straw.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water and pour over the cake. Let the cake chill in the fridge for two hours until completely cooled.
- Tint Cool Whip with food coloring. Frost the cake and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with sprinkles before serving.
More delicious treats…
Funfetti Sheet Cake
Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
Mardi Gras Cake
Air Fryer Cranberry Brie Bites