Pulled pork sliders are a perfect dish you can enjoy with your friends and family. These are small, bite-sized fluffy rolls filled with pulled pork, fresh coleslaw, BBQ sauce and pickles. A quick dish to feed a crowd!
If you are looking for a fun and easy pork recipe that works perfectly for the Super Bowl, movie night, game day or BBQ party, I recommend you make these easy pork sliders. You won’t regret it, that’s for sure!
Pulled pork sliders are delicious on so many levels. If you are planning a party, these sliders easily feed a large crowd.
- The recipe is super easy to follow. It needs only four simple ingredients, and you can enjoy a delicious dish.
- The recipe is very versatile. You can add a few ingredients or change a few to adjust it to your liking.
- Because these sliders are easy to make, you can make them in advance, and they have a good shelf life.
Making BBQ pork sliders is very easy. Here is what you will need:
- Hawaiian buns: Hawaiian buns are soft, fluffy, and smell like a hint of sweetness. I love these buns because of their small size and fluffy texture.
- Pulled pork: The main hero of this recipe is pulled pork. You can make pulled pork at home or go for store-bought pulled pork as well.
- BBQ sauce: use your favorite, just about any flavor will do.
- Pickles: Pickles add freshness and tanginess to the sliders. You can use either pickled onions, cucumbers or whatever vegetable you like.
how to make pork sliders
Follow these step-by-step instructions for easy pork sliders.
step 1: coleslaw topping (optional)
I prefer making the coleslaw ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge for a bit before adding to my sliders.
- Shredded cabbage and carrots
- Mayonnaise: You can either use full-fat mayonnaise or light mayonnaise for making coleslaw.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar adds a refreshing and tangy flavor to the coleslaw. It cuts through the sweetness of the ingredients and the creaminess of the mayonnaise.
- Sugar: Add sugar for the sweetness coleslaw is known for.
- Celery seeds: It adds a tangy and salty flavor, pretty much like celery itself. You can use celery salt instead of celery seeds too.
step 2: assemble the sliders
Add your pulled pork to Hawaiian rolls, top with coleslaw, pickles, BBQ sauce, or more.
Customize your sliders with these substitutions!
- Meat: Although this recipe specifically calls for pulled pork, you can use pulled beef or pulled chicken or turkey meat as well. Whatever you love will work.
- Cheese: Pepper Jack, white American, or Cheddar Cheese work well for sliders.
what toppings go on pulled pork sliders?
- pickled red onions
- fried onions
what to do with leftover pulled pork?
Store the leftover pulled pork by placing them in an airtight container. Refrigerate the container for the next five days. Reheat the sliders either in the microwave or in the oven to enjoy. Use leftover pulled pork for:
- salad topping
best sides for pork sliders?
There are so many things you can serve with pulled pork sliders. Here are a few to name:
- Serve them with fresh potato salad or a garden salad.
- You can serve these with potato chips, French fries, sweet potato fries or plantain fries.
- Pork sliders go very well with mac and cheese or baked bean casseroles.
Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 pkg Hawaiian Rolls
- 3 cups pulled pork
- coleslaw optional
- Separate the buns and slice them open. Top with pulled pork and a spoon of BBQ sauce.
- Combine the ingredients of the slaw in a bowl. Place a large spoon of slaw on the BBQ pork.
- Place the tops on the sandwiches and serve with pickles.