Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats filled with pink candy melts, cream cheese, and gooey marshmallow butter. A perfect dessert treat for kids parties, potlucks or on the go.
It’s easy to make strawberry Krispies. You’ll need the following ingredients to get started:
- marshmallows– large or small plain white marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal– original Rice Krispies cereal
- pink chocolate candy melts– adds a pink color and chocolatey goodness
- cream cheese- softened cream cheese works best for this recipe
- dried strawberries– dehydrated strawberries give an organic, real strawberry flavor
- Golden Grahams– any graham cracker cereal will work for this recipe
- powdered sugar– confectioner’s (powdered) sugar holds the cheesecake layer together
- vanilla– pure vanilla extract is best
- butter– melted butter and marshmallows form the “glue” that holds the treats together
These simple instructions make for effortless strawberry krispie treats every time.
Follow these tips for perfect strawberry Krispie squares every time.
- line your pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap before placing cheesecake layer in the freezer
- spray baking dish for easy removal of treats
- only use dehydrated strawberries for this recipe
- customize your treats with other add-ins, such as chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- swap strawberry flavorings for blueberry or chocolate
- golden grahams cereal can be substituted for crushed graham cracker bits
how to remove Krispies from pan
- First, place a cutting board over the baking dish.
- Then, place one hand on the cutting board and the other on the bottom of the baking dish and quickly flip it over so the cutting board is now on the bottom. You should be able to easily lift the baking dish off of the rice Krispies.
how to store leftover rice Krispie treats
Rice Krispies store at room temperature for a maximum of 2 hours. After that, wrap each treat in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator as they do contain cream cheese.
The rice Krispies will last 3 days in the refrigerator tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and up to 3 months in the freezer.
what to serve with krispie treats
Serve cheesecake rice krispie treats with milk, coffee, tea, or ice cream.
Strawberry Cheesecake Rice Krispies Treats
- ½ cup salted butter
- 15 oz bag of marshmallows
- ¼ cup candy melts strawberry cheesecake flavored
- 7 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup golden grahams cereal crushed
cheesecake spread layer
- Prepare a baking sheet by laying plastic wrap over it horizontally and vertically. Make sure you have enough hanging off both sides to completely cover it. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium sized mixing bowl using a hand mixer, combine the 8oz cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the prepared baking sheet as evenly as you can and cover with plastic wrap. Place in your freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes to set.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium low heat, melt the ½ cup butter. Add all of the marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Turn the heat to the lowest setting and add the ¼ cup of candy melts and stir until melted. Remove marshmallow mixture from the heat and add the rice krispies, freeze dried strawberries and golden grahams. Mix together using a rubber spatula lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread half of the rice krispie mixture into the baking dish. Remove cheesecake mixture from the freezer and carefully unwrap it and place it over the first layer of the rice krispies. Spread the rest of the rice krispie mixture over the cheesecake spread and lightly press it down to bring everything together.
- Let the rice krispies rest and set at room temperature of at least 20 minutes before cutting.
more cheesecakes to love…
No Bake Pumpkin Bars
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars