I make this Instant Pot peach bread pudding all year round and it’s effortless. Top it off with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream or a tall glass of milk and you’re feeling peachy! Bread pudding and Mardi Gras cake are great desserts for spring parties.
Bread pudding in the instant pot?
No time to bake? Yea, me neither, but I love a delicious peach dessert.
I am all about easy desserts, and this peachy creaminess is no exception! Make all year long or when peaches are in season.
Ingredients for peach bread pudding
For this recipe, you’ll need a 6’’x3’’ round aluminum cake pan for the Instant Pot. You may also use a different pan, as this pudding will not expand when cooked.
- Brown sugar
- Melted butter
- Heavy cream
- Baguette bread sliced into cubes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Peach pie filling (canned or use 1/2 c. brown sugar+1 can peaches)
How to make peach bread pudding
This bread pudding is so easy; no baking required!
- First, chop a day-old baguette into cubes, about 1-inch thick
- Then, whisk all other ingredients, then pour over bread in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes
- Next, add ingredients to a pan and place pan in Instant Pot with trivet + water
- Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes
Substitutions and serving suggestions
Instead of peach pie filling, try apple pie filling for an apple cinnamon bread pudding.
You can drizzle caramel, frosting, or other favorites on top!
Serve with cold milk, vanilla ice cream, or salted caramel ice cream.
Peach bread pudding is best stored in the fridge for up to a week in an air-tight container.
Can I freeze peach bread pudding?
Yes, and this recipe freezes quite well. Simply thaw out overnight in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
How do I make bread pudding with alcohol?
Add 1/4 cup of rum (or to taste) to the batter prior to pressure cooking.
Alternatively, you may make a rum-brown sugar glaze to pour over the top of the bread pudding. Bring your mixture to a boil and drizzle on top!
Tips for the perfect instant pot peach bread pudding
To prevent sticking: spray the inside of your aluminum pan before adding batter
If your bread pudding falls apart: It’s ok if it falls apart! It’s supposed to be that way.
However, if you are concerned, I recommend pressing bread into the pan to help the ingredients to stick before cooking.
Instant Pot Peach Bread Pudding
- instant pot / pressure cooker
- 6''x3'' aluminum pan
- Spray 6×3 inch aluminum pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Add 1½ cup water to inside of Instant Pot.
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread) in a bowl, then pour over bread. Let sit at least 5 minutes.
- Add batter to aluminum pan. Press down and smooth out. Secure aluminum foil on top of pan.
- Place pan onto trivet in Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve with cream cheese icing, ice cream, candied nuts.