I make these easy chocolate chip pumpkin cookie bites for treat bags and Thanksgiving snacks. Made with just a few simple ingredients (cookie mix + butter + frosting).
I make these simple treats for Halloween parties and friendly autumn gatherings with leftover pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Just like our pumpkin fritters, they’re simple to make and they do not last in our house!
Ingredients for pumpkin chocolate chip bites
You’ll need the following ingredients for this simple recipe:
- Chocolate chip mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- pumpkin purée
- frosting of your choice (I used whipped cream cheese frosting)
How to make chocolate chip pumpkin bites
Follow the ingredients for cookies and remove when still soft in the center.
Roll up cookies into mini balls and cover with frosting, similar to cake pops.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve.
Instead of frosting, you may use:
- caramel and sea salt as a topping
- chocolate drizzle and nuts
Types of frosting to use for pumpkin cookie bites
- chocolate melts (any color)
What to do with leftover pumpkin bites
Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days, or 7 days in the refrigerator.
Or, add leftovers to your favorite vanilla ice cream!
Can I freeze these pumpkin bites?
Yes, these may be frozen ahead of time and thawed overnight in the refrigerator. I like to eat them cold on warm autumn days.
Freeze any leftovers in a zippered, air-tight bag for up to 3 months.
Tips for the perfect pumpkin bites
- Be careful to not over-bake the cookies, it will make the pumpkin bites fall apart/crumble.
- Refrigerate after rolling into balls and prior to frosting.
- If you do over-bake, I recommend using the cookies as-is, with frosting.
Pumpkin Cookie Bites
- 7.5 oz package Betty Crocker cookie mix (or preferred brand, with no eggs required)
- ½ stick butter melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using a whisk.
- Using an ice cream scoop, add balls to a pan, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove when center is just solidified (still a bit gooey).
- While still warm, squeeze and mold cookies into balls. Place back on pan and refrigerate for an hour- 2 hours. Drizzle with melted frosting.
More cookie recipes…
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Red, White and Blue Oatmeal Cookies