Save time with these simple air fryer bagel boats, perfect for preparing breakfast for the week ahead. Cooks in less than 10 minutes and freezes easily!
I make a batch of these yummy air fryer bagels, top with cheese and breakfast is completed for the entire week! They’re perfect for picky eaters and kiddos too!
Bagel boat ingredients
The great thing about these bagel boats is they’re fully adjustable to your taste preferences. In this recipe, I use: 1 egg for each bagel + a combination of:
- chopped bacon bits
- green peppers
- salt and pepper
You may also add in:
- veggies: mushrooms, onion, jalapeño, asparagus, or chives
- meats: ham, sausage, chorizo, steak, ground beef
- a spoonful of tomato sauce with egg and mozzarella cheese
How to make air fryer bagel omelettes
- whisk your filling (1 egg per bagel + toppings) and set aside
- with a knife, slice a circle around the center of the inside of 1/2 bagel
- using your index finger and thumb, pinch a “channel” on the inside
- fill the channel with egg mixture using a brush, spoon or pour directly from the bowl.
I set my air fryer at 345°F (no pre-heating) and check on the bagels every minute or two after 5 minutes. The tricky thing about air frying is food tends to cook fast.
How to make breakfast bagel boats in the oven
You can also make these bagel boats in the oven, too! Set your oven at 350°F and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and turning golden.
How can I make this sweet? Add a bit of applesauce with cinnamon and brown sugar on top. Serve with whipped cream cheese.
How to store- Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Place in the oven, or toaster oven at 350°F for 10 minutes.
What to serve with breakfast bagel boats- I love these with simple salt and pepper, but I ADORE them with smashed avocado and a bit of lemon juice.
You may also add a bit of hot sauce if that’s your jam.
Can I freeze bagel boats?
Yes, freeze for up to a month in sealed, air-tight freezer bags.
Air frying tips
I’ve made these so many times and figured a few helpful tips along the way.
Eggs still uncooked in the middle– try adding less egg (it doesn’t take much) or cook longer (each air fryer cooking times vary depending on manufacturer).
Cheese/toppings are burned– cook for less time or at a lower temperature for your air fryer. I recommend covering spinach with cheese, since it crisps easily.
Bagels sticking to bottom of air fryer- spray a bit of non-stick cooking spray before adding bagels.
Air Fryer Bagel Boats
- Air fryer
- 3 bagels halved
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp bacon diced, or ham
- ½ cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup chopped spinach or mushroom/ peppers of choice
- ½ tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scallion chopped, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg with meat and veggies of choice. Set aside.
- Half 3 bagels, then cut slits around each inside (the soft part).
- Pinch and create a channel in each bagel half, using your index finger and thumb.
- Add approximately ¼ cup of egg mixture to each bagel half. Top with cheese.
- Air fry at 345°F for 8-10 minutes.