Crisp Air Fryer Green Beans are perfectly crunchy and delicious with bacon and garlic seasonings. This easy vegetable side is made in less 20 minutes.
I often struggle to find easy-to-make vegetable sides for dinner. Growing up, I absolutely loved green beans cooked with bacon, a bit of oil and spices and served with a good ol’ country dinner. If I’m in a rush, however, these quick air fryer green beans are way faster and much more convenient to prepare.
A few simple instructions for perfect air fryer green beans. You’ll need fresh, washed green beans (with ends removed), seasonings, pre-cooked bacon (or leftover bacon).
Follow these quick instructions for the perfect air fryer green beans in no time!
For the last 2-3 minutes of air frying, you may add pre-cooked bacon to your air fryer for the finishing touch.
- swap green beans for asparagus and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- switch olive oil for vegetable oil
- fresh garlic in place of garlic powder
- lemon pepper or cajun seasoning are great seasonings for green beans
are air fryer green beans healthy?
Green beans are naturally healthy and pack loads of vitamins. Air frying fresh green beans, is a healthy way to get your daily intake of veggies. Leave out the bacon if you’re looking to reduce sodium, however.
can I air fry green beans from frozen?
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh green beans. Once green beans are frozen, they can become rubbery when thawed and cooked.
Store leftover green beans in sealed container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. If green beans lose their crisp, you can re-heat in the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 375 F.
what to eat with green beans
Eat green beans with
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air fryer
- 1 lb green beans fresh
- 3 slices bacon chopped, pre-cooked
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and clean green beans, then set aside.
- Toss green beans in olive oil, then add salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Air fry at 375°F for 7-8 minutes.
- Toss and air fry an additional 3-4 minutes. Note: If you prefer softer green beans, toss and cook for a few extra minutes.
- Add pre-cooked bacon and cook for 3 minutes.