This Instant Pot Pork Roast is so tender it will melt in your mouth with its amazing sweet and tangy glaze made with onion, brown sugar, garlic and herbs. Serve with soft and savory potatoes and carrots made all in the same pot for an easy, comforting dinner.
juicy, flavorful pork roast in the instant pot
- it’s an entire meal in one pot
- a classic, easy comfort food, inspired by traditional pork roast
- the roast is packed with amazing flavors
- a sweet and tangy glaze you’ll crave time and time again
Ingredients needed for this easy roast are simple and likely already in your pantry.
what’s the best pork for a roast?
- Pork Loin Roast: Pork loin roast is made from the pig’s behind.
- Pork Shoulder Roast: Pork shoulder/butt is made from the pig’s shoulder. It has a higher fat content and is ideal for roasting or sliders or tacos.
how to make pork roast in the Instant Pot
Cooking a pork roast in the instant pot is easier than you might think. This recipe requires very little prep and feeds an entire family from one pot!
Equipment needed: Instant Pot or pressure cooker
Follow these tips for the perfect roast every time.
- Time saver: prep your dry rub beforehand and store in a sealed container until ready to use.
- deglazing the pot: use wine, beer, or chicken broth for the most flavor.
- Internal temperature: pork is completely cooked at 145° F.
- Types of pork: pork loin, belly or leg. You may also use beef roast for this recipe.
- Veggies: sweet potatoes, parsnips, jicama, and turnips roast well.
- Best herbs for pork roast
- Italian seasoning blend
Storing leftover pork roast is easy. Simply add your leftovers to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing potatoes and carrots, but you can easily freeze the pork portion in a sealed air-tight container, adding the veggies at a later time.
sides for pork roast
The best sides for pork roast include:
Instant Pot Pork Roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb pork roast
- 1 yellow onion
- ¼ cup white wine, beer, or chicken stock for de-glazing
- 3 potatoes chopped 1-inch cubes
- 4 carrots chopped
- Whisk together dry-rub ingredients (except dijon mustard) in a bowl. Set aside.
- On low sauté setting, add olive oil until heated. Add pork roast and sear, about 2 minutes each side. Remove with tongs. Remove.
- Brush pork with dijon mustard then pat on the dry rub ingredients.
- Add onions and more olive oil to the Instant Pot and caramelize until translucent. Deglaze with ¼ cup white wine, beer or chicken stock.
- Place trivet inside Instant Pot. Add pork roast. Pressure cook at high for 65 minutes. Quick release.
- Add in chopped veggies on top of trivet, surrounding the pork roast. Seal and pressure cook for 4 additional minutes. Quick release.
more dinner recipes…
Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops
Korean Sloppy Joes