This creamy baked Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel is one of my family’s weeknight go-to’s for a quick comfort food. Served with cream cheese and Rotel, this dinner is absolutely delish!
Baked creamy chicken with Rotel is a simple dinner casserole that can be made ahead of time and frozen for later as an easy meal. A creamy chicken pasta is comfort food at it’s finest. When I’m in a rush, this meal is our family’s go-to Italian-inspired supper and it lasts for a few days.
ingredients for chicken spaghetti casserole
You will need a 13×9” casserole dish, large pot, and colander for this recipe.
- Spaghetti– for the best noodle, use a lighter color
- Chicken, shredded– rotisserie chicken leftovers are great for shredding and tossing with spaghetti
- Velveeta Cheese– one 16 oz. block
- Cream Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes and Chilies (or Rotel brand)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup– any brand will do!
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Creole Seasoning (optional)
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
To boost the flavor of this dish, I threw in some pre-cooked, store-bought rotisserie chicken.
how to make easy baked chicken spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and shred the rotisserie chicken, leaving bones.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta until it is al dente (just soft enough to the bite). Drain the water.
- Add cheeses, canned ingredients, and seasonings.
- Combine the pasta and shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl. Toss well to ensure that everything is equally distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish that has been gently oiled, sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling.
Serve the baked chicken spaghetti while it’s still hot, garnished with parsley.
- Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese are essential. The cheddar imparts a great aged, sharp taste to these cheeses, which melt beautifully.
- Add some red pepper flakes to the sauce if you love a spicy kick to compliment the creamy chicken bake.
- Time savers: to speed up prep time, pre-make your sauce during meal prep by combining the velveeta cheese, cream cheese, chopped tomatoes and chiles, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup. Store in the fridge until ready to add to your pot of spaghetti.
Red bell pepper, spinach, or zucchini are good additions to the meal if you’d want to include some veggies or for a vegan option.
can I use a different pasta?
- Use any pasta you like. We sometimes swap it up for fettucine, or rotini.
what kind of chicken can I use?
- To make this meal, you can use any kind of cooked chicken. Cooked or roasted chicken breasts are excellent options.
- The minimum amount of chicken needed is 2 cups; however, if you prefer more protein over noodles, simply reduce the spaghetti and add more chicken.
- After this dish has completely cooled store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Can you freeze chicken spaghetti? Yes, this dish freezes well. Store in a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What to serve with chicken spaghetti
Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 1 rotisserie chicken whole
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese one block
- 4 oz cream cheese ½ block, room temperature
- 10 oz tomatoes and chiles 1 can
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp creole seasoning like Tony's brand, optional
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Cook the spaghetti until Al Dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Debone the chicken and shred. Set aside.
- In the same pot you cooked the spaghetti, add the velveeta cheese, cream cheese, diced tomatoes and chilies, cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until everything has melted and combined.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder and Creole Seasoning and stir well.
- Add the spaghetti and shredded chicken. Toss well so that it is evenly mixed.
- Add this mixture to a lightly greased 13×9” casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese all over the top then place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until it’s all bubbly around the edges.
- Remove and serve immediately with garlic bread and salad.